Neighborhood House is an organization that operates on a foundation of Christian principles pursuing two primary purposes:
- Assist and guide people with finding their own paths of awareness, self-sufficiency, productivity, hopefulness and success.
- Provide leadership, support, and advocacy for a comprehensive approach to community, economic, and leadership development.
Neighborhood House does this by:
- offering ongoing services and special projects that enable those they serve to thrive in today’s society and increase the emotional health of their family unit;
- leading, supporting, and partnering with individuals and other organizations focused on a shared goal of making our communities stronger and more vital;
- developing and supporting community leaders across all age groups through training and mentoring.
Neighborhood House, Inc. is a non-profit, social service agency with locations in Wilmington and Middletown, Delaware, founded by the United Methodist Women's Home Missionary Society in 1927. The agency has continued to provide a vital ministry for the residents in and around the South Wilmington community and the Middletown-Odessa-Townsend community - over 60% are low to moderate income and/or single parent households throughout New Castle County.
Neighborhood House operates on a foundation of Christian principles pursuing two primary purposes:
-assist and guide people with finding their own paths of awareness, self-sufficiency, productivity, hopefulness and success; and
-Provide leadership, support and advocacy for the comprehensive approach to the community, economic and leadership development.
Better housing, family unity, education, counseling, recreation, neighborhood development and racial and cultural understanding, as well as spiritual and emotional enrichment are important aspects of programs and services that meet the various needs of the people we serve.
Neighborhood House is still committed in making a difference in the lives of people in New Castle County especially the South Wilmington and the Middletown, Odessa and Townsend communities.